Saturday, April 9, 2011

update


I totally forgot yesterday was Friday and time to weigh until well into the afternoon! I hate when that happens.
Anyway since last Friday I rode my bike for 24 miles.

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers


I walked 12 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers



and I consumed approx. 30 liters of water and still no
coke!
I did not have any cookies or candy bars and trying to curb my mindless munching, unless it is on carrot sticks and so what I found on the scale was a huge disappointment.
I was up 3 pounds! Yes, that very same 3 pounds I lost last week are back so that puts me back at ZERO!!!

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers


I was so frustrated and MAD! But I am over it now :) I figure its because all the junk from the conference caught up with me or I am building some muscle somewhere. I have come to a healthy conclusion that I am not going to obsess with what the scale says. I took all my measurements this morning and thats going to be a contributing factor of my success. I realized... no, re-realized, thats its not all about the numbers! If my clothes feel looser then something is happening whether or not my weight reflects it, because I know my clothes are not growing!

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers




So there you have it. I set some short term goals rather than long term because they are easier to reach and gives me something doable to strive for. I am enlisting the help of my bodybugg. This thing is so cool- I ordered it last year for my Mother's Day gift. (it was all I wanted at the time!) and it helped me lose 32 pounds in about 6-8 weeks... I can't remember exactly. It was like a challenge to myself to keep my calories in - in check and try to beat my calories out and it was exciting to see the results at the end of the day.




In other news- I re-arranged my living room/dining room/great room. Not real sure what to call it. I get bored easily and looking at the furniture the same way over a period of time does something awful to me. I love it now and it was a subtle change that I needed. (will try to post before and after soon). Spring is officially here in Croatia and I am LOVING it. The weather is gorgeous and I even had to send Matthew up to the attic to pull down some fans!

Our Bible conference at the churches here in Croatia concluded. We had 2 saved Sunday morning. Slow, but sure, the Lord is working...it's all His time anyway!

We have a new Pastor at our home church in Texas and we are excited for the things happening there! It was his first full week at the church this past week and they have had 5 saved and 4 baptized. To God be the Glory!

Ok, so, for real--5 pounds this week. It's gonna happen!!

1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

Oh don't be discouraged. You're toning and tightening, stick with it and it'll come off. I am in an awful state of I just can't right now. I don't even want to though I know I really need to.

anyhow, I'm proud of you. You were really busy this week. You rode and walked a really long way. Stick with it, you'll see results soon.

WOW!! 5 saved and 4 baptized, NO WAY!! that is incredible and what a good sign. I'm sure Bro. John is gonna do great things for the church and God will bless them.

Anyhow, it's Saturday morning, we are sitting in Albuquerque, NM, which is incredibly beautiful, my new favorite city in the US. Anyhow, I guess I better get up and get dressed, it helps when house keeping comes!

Love ya!!!